Not proud to say, but I really haven't focused on skincare until my 30s. I wish I would've been regimented earlier. I'm certainly seeing those lines and spots - and felt a shift post-baby.
While I'm sometimes insecure about my uneven, often blotchy red skin (I'm getting a laser treatment for it hopefully in the winter - a blog post sure to follow!) I wanted to share my daily skin routine and some of my favorite products.
With a toddler almost fully mobile, I don't have time for a long routine, so this is pretty much my go-to. And, full disclosure, it's nice to have a best friend dermatologist (for those in Chicago - Dr. Rachel Pritzker, MD at Chicago Dermatology) to help me curate along the way.
- Cleanser - iS clinical Cleansing Complex. A powerful lightweight cleansing gel that doesn't dry me out and is gentle.
- Toner - Circ Cell Dew PH. Balances the skin while providing rich, dewy hydration. Balances pH, soothes redness, minimizes the appearance of pores, restores moisture.
- Vitamin C Serum - SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic. Anything Vitamin C for the face is all the rage and this come recommended by multiple professionals. It combines antioxidant vitamins C & E with ferulic acid protecting against UVA/UVB rays, helping with aging and stimulating collagen. Note: you'll get used to the funky smell. ;)
- Scar Cover - silagen scar refinement. Many might know that I was in a recent car accident and my face got scratched. I put this medical grade silicone and chemical free SPF 30 gel to prevent hyperpigmentation and flatten and smooth my scar.
- SPF tinted moisturizer - elta MD UV Elements broad spectrum SPF 44. A tinted moisturizer with sunscreen is a MUST! Love this one.
A few times a week, especially during summer, I exfoliate too. My favorite inexpensive ones are Vasanti BrightenUp! (minuscule micro-crystals that really liven up the skin) and Mario Badesco almond & honey non-abrasive face scrub.
And IF I have time, I LOVE the Sea 2 Skin active hydration mask. It is unreal. It rejuvenates with natural sea botanicals and marine collagen. I once put this on for 15 minutes post friend's wedding and before a four-hour flight and my skin still felt hydrated AFTER the flight and long night of boozing!
Would love to hear any must-have products to try!